Sunscreen, sunblock, SPF is super important to protecting your skin especially if you have vitiligo or melasma. No seriously, it’s THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. (You can read my latest favorite natural sunscreen for melasma and vitiligo here)
So I try any sunscreen I can get my hands on. Especially if it’s “natural”.
Some time ago I came across “Yes to” brand Yes to Cucumbers soothing natural sunscreen stick. It’s a 96% “natural” product, so it has to be good, right? It’s a chemical sunscreen that filters and reduces UVA and UVB absorption.
My review of Yes to Cucumbers Natural Sunscreen Stick SPF 30: 2.5/5 Stars
- SPF 30
- Zinc Oxide – known for great coverage
- Supposedly water resistant for 40 minutes
- Stick form – very convenient
- Doesn’t smell like traditional sunscreen
- It has broad-spectrum protection.
- The cucumber seed extract is organic.
The No-So Good
- The texture isn’t perfect – the product doesn’t glide well and balls up on skin.
- It has a very strong cucumber fragrance. And we know how I feel about scents 🙁 .Cucumber is refreshing, but cucumber fragrance is overwhelming.
- I keep it around for emergency sunscreen situations, but I wouldn’t buy it again.
- While it does contain zinc oxide – it doesn’t appear to be non-nano zinc which isn’t great. I prefer to use All Good SPF 30 Natural Sunscreen Stick with Non-Nanoparticle Zinc