I LOVE black beans. And mango is delicious…obvi. This salsa does them both justice.
I make this organic black bean salsa recipe – or my cheat version of it – about once a week. I’ll eat this for my mid-morning snack with celery while at work, or it’s a great snack when I end my day.
Organic Ingredients and Nutrients
- Black Beans – phytonutrients, folate, fiber, magnesium and protein with a low glycemic index
- Cilantro – delicious. ‘nough said. I’m sure there’s some vitamins in it too
- Mango – Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Vitamin A.
- Tomatoes – Vitamin C, Biotin, Vitamin K and Potassium
- Red Onion – Biotin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C
I always keep Whole Foods brand organic black bean cartons in stock.
Organic black beans have helped me transition off of processed foods. I was in a bad place last winter where I had to have baked Lays barbecue chips. Every. Day. I just couldn’t not have that specific barbecue flavor. I came across some barbecue flavored black bean chips in a store one day, and thus started barbecue chip detox step one. Next step was lots of black bean chili. And now I just have black beans – with any seasoning – any time.
Full recipe here: Danny Boome knows what he’s doing! And the citrus zest is a must > https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/danny-boome/black-bean-and-mango-salsa-recipe.html
- When I’m lazy, i’ll just mix organic mango, organic black beans, and Whole Foods made tomatillo salsa. It get’s the job done!
- Sometimes I’m too lazy to roast the tomatoes. But then I regret it!
- I almost always use organic grape or cherry heirloom tomatoes.
- The ginger is a bit superfluous to me. I prefer the salsa without it.
- The original recipe uses a little too much fresh juice for my taste and daily sugar budget so I reduce it by at least a third.
- Sometimes I double the black beans or add a serving of organic kidney beans into the mix.