Do you remember when Bonnie Bell lip smackers were all the rage? And everyone had those necklaces for them? And they cam in all those flavors and scents? Well I remember but I never had any because my Mom only let me have ChapStick!
Overtime like most of us, my lip balm preferences evolved. My main rotation used to include:
- Classic ChapStick
- Cherry ChapStick
- Blistex Lip Medex
- Blistex Herbal Answer (my favorite for a long time)
Lip balms I have always hated: Burt’s Bees. I HATE peppermint lip balms. Burt’s Bees lip balms also never quenched the hydration my lips needed. Looking back it’s a good thing I didn’t like Burt’s Bees because it contain’s soybean all. I’m really not supposed to have too much soy – not sure if that means topically too so I just act on that assumption.
I use a lot of lip balm, and just like any products or food I use a lot, I want them to be high quality and organic where possible. I believe I first found both of the following at Whole Foods (btw I’ve tried just about every lip balm product from whole foods). The natural lip balms don’t have a much if any ingredients in common, but I love them both.
Alaffia Fair Trade Coconut Pineapple Lip Balm Review
- What it’s got:
- Certified fair trade virgin coconut oil
- Candelilla wax
- Cocoa butter
- Coconut fruit extract and Pineapple fruit extract
- They are vegan.
- And has no synthetic flavors. Love that!
- I keep these in every room of my home.
- I have a lot of Alaffia products and their Everday Shea brand. I really appreciate their mission too and like that these are handcrafted.
Elemental Herbs Organic All Good Unscented Lip Balm SPF 20 Review
- I love this brand, especially their natural zinc sunstick
- My favorite lip balm right now. I use it even when I don’t need SPF!
- It’s unscented – which is my favorite thing ever
- It’s just the right texture and very nourishing.
- Organic ingredients!
- Organic calendula
- Organic comfrey
- Organic lavender (hmm surprising because I normally don’t like lavender)
- Organic plaintain and Yarro
- Organic olive oil
- Organic beewswax
- Organic caster oil
- Zinc oxide (It does leave a slight white tint behind that is easily absorbed)
- Raspberry seed oil
- Non-GMO Vitamin E
- Oxybenzone free
- It leave a slight white tint behind that is easily absorbed