Yes, another post about Mother Bear’s Handmade small batch vegan, phthlatate, talc and paraben free products. I gushed over the custom NARS dupe custom blush Angelica made for me and her eyeshadows are just as good!
I bought 6 eyeshadows with the goals of comparing against Urban Decay shadows to find talc-free dupes. Unfortunately I’ve had to abandon my favorite Urban Decay Naked Palette and Tarte eyeshadows: the cleaner my foods and beauty products become, the more I have become sensitive to other ingredients like talc over time.
Mother Bear’s Handmade vegan eyeshadows are beautiful. I compare them in more detail to similar Urban Decay Naked palette shades below. Angelica – the creator behind the shop and shadows – began her greener beauty routine journey a few years ago during pregnancy (something I hear from other women a lot!). She started making her own deodorant (a good natural deodorant is hard to find) and expanded into soap and then makeup. With the encouragement of friends, she opened her Etsy shop in the fall of 2015. This DIYer is a pro at making eyeshadows and blushes – I’m blown away at the quality!
I put these eyeshadows through the ringer. My first test: Wearing the darkest pigments all day long. I applied the eyeshadows on top of talc-free paraben-free Kat Von D Lock It color-correcting eyeshadow primer. The results were surprising: Absolutely no flaking or excess flecks, amazing staying power, and MY EYES DIDN’T ITCH ALL DAY.
My second test the following day: A light day time look using #262, #356 and #110 – these lighter shadows also lasted all day and did not crease!
Mother Bear’s Handmade Etsy Shop Eyeshadow Reviews and Urban Decay Naked Palette Dupe Guide
- #356 Champagne Vegan Eyeshadow
- A beautiful vegan, talc-free champagne shadow with just the right amount of shimmer. It’s most similar to Urban Decay Naked2 Palette “Bootycall” Shadow
- #110 Frosted Lilac Vegan Eyeshadow – no real matches for Urban Decay
- Definitely more lilac than lavender – almost pink in some lights (and the picture below). When it’s applied it looks more pearlescent. It’s beautiful but the colored pigment isn’t strong so keep that in mind; it’s really a subtle lilac.
- It’s lighter than Urban Decay Naked2 Palette “Dust” Shadow.
- It’s most comparable to combination Urban Decay Naked Original Palette “Sin” and “Virgin” eyeshadows.
- #165 Light Copper Vegan Eyeshadow (I would call this “gold”)
- A very close Urban Decay Naked Palette eyeshadow dupe for “Half Baked”!
- #262 Metallic Blush Pink Eyeshadow – LOVE this color. It’s a light rose gold vegan eyeshadow.
- This talc free, vegan rose gold eyeshadow is less copper-y than Urban Decay Naked2 Palette “Chopper” eyeshadow.
- It’s warmer and deeper than Urban Decay Naked Palette “Sidecar”.
- This vegan rose gold shadow is most similar to Urban Decay Naked2 palette “YDK” which was my most-used Urban Decay Naked eyeshadow.
- #321 Shimmery Brown Vegan Eyeshadow
- Similar to but darker than Urban Decay Naked Palette “Toasted” eyeshadow.
- Most similar to Urban Decay Naked2 Palette “Snakebite”
- A mix of this vegan eyeshadow 321 and 262 make a beautiful non-toxic version of my favorite Urban Decay Naked2 Palette “YDK” Eyeshadow
- In some lights this warm, medium brown vegan talc-free eyeshadow appears to be more matte but when applied it has just the perfect amount of shimmer.
- #171 Dark Bronze Metallic Eyeshadow
- It’s a darker, cooler brown than #321.
- From the original Urban Decay Naked Palette, this vegan eyeshadow lighter than “Darkhorse” most similar to “Hustle” eyeshadow which I love and frequently used.
- It’s a bit lighter Urban Decay Naked2 Palette “Busted” eyeshadow.
Mother Bear’s Handmade Etsy Shop talc-free non-toxic vegan eyeshadow ingredients:
- Sericite Mica – untreated mica commonly found in mineral makeup (surprisingly mica doesn’t bother me, or at least not in Mother Bear’s Handmade shadows)
- Boron Nitride
- Magnesium Stearate – magnesium powder
- Magnesium Myristrate – powdered fatty acid
- Zinc Stearate – zinc soap or salt of fatty acid
- Carnauba Wax – wax from a palm plant; good substitute for beeswax
- Kaolin Clay – fine absorbant white clay
- May contain
- Iron Oxide – pigment
- Titanium Dioxide
- Tin Dioxide
- Chromium Oxide – pigment
- Manganese Violet – pigment
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride – mixture of glycerin and coconut oil componant
- Jojoba Oil